Golden Beet Tartare Endive Cups - Makes one dozen
- 2 Golden beets, beet greens removed and washed well
- 4 T. Olive oil
- 2 T. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. Honey
- ¼ c. Fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 1 t. Dried lavender crushed gently
- 4-6 Belgian endive heads (or 2 romaine hearts)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Prepare Ahead: make the beet tartare (up to 3 days before)
- Preheat oven to 375 f.
- Poke beets a few times with a fork to allow steam to escape and rub a little olive oil over beets.
- Roast for around one hour or until beets are tender when pierced with a knife.
- While beets are roasting, make the vinaigrette. In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 3 T. Of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, honey,